Summarizing all the IP ranges of an ASN

,

You can summarize all the IP ranges of a particular ASN using a combination of the paid IPinfo ASN API service, the IPinfo CLI and JQ.

This can also be done with our free IP to ASN database. If you are interested, please let me know! I will provide instructions as well.

This summary operation is interesting because it will show you the actual IP range locations of a particular ASN instead of the advertised ones in their WHOIS data. It also provides a bird’s eye view of the IP metadata of a particular ASN.

curl ipinfo.io/AS152586?token=$token | jq -r .prefixes[].netblock | ipinfo summarize

WindowsTerminal_KIPDVpK4No-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter

Hi Abdullah,

I would be interested in instructions of how to summarise the IP ranges for an ASN using the free IP to ASN Database.

Many Thanks

Hi,

I really appreciate the request :slight_smile: Thank you.

Here you go: How to IP summarize an ASN using our free ASN database and IPinfo CLI

I just finished writing it, so apologies for the typos and mistakes. Let me know what you think. Thanks!