The great IP hunt has began

IPinfo’s great IP hunt has started

Read about the huntathon in this article: Let the Great IP Hunt begin! (ipinfo.io)

Rules:

• Download the IPinfo app
  • Enable location permission
  • Register for the huntathon
  • Collect the IP addresses
  • Win random daily prizes

Prizes:

• TShirt
  • Stickers
  • Notecard
  • Socks

If you have any questions regarding the Huntathon feel to ask them here.

1 Like

I enabled location services and enabled location while using the ipinfo app on my iPhone. But on the hunt dashboard I see multiple IP addresses and they all have a red cross for GPS and accepted.

Is there any issue at your end?

1 Like

Hiya,

How’d you know you’re a winner? Do you receive an email?
Does the app automatically run and submit in the background?

1 Like

Hi Sudhir,

Can you do me a favor by reinstalling the app and enabling location permission again to see if that works?

The steps would be:

[0]

In the meantime, I will keep an eye out from the backend side to see if your submissions are being logged.

Hi Kaash,

How’d you know you’re a winner? Do you receive an email?

We will announce the winners in the community. For example, the day 1 - Winners.

Also, if you win, we will email you as well to let you know.

Does the app automatically run and submit in the background?

Unfortunately, the current implementation of the app does not run in the background or submit IPs automatically. We will take note of this and try to incorporate it into future implementation. For now, you have to open up app to log IPs.

Hi very cool event, I seem to have the same problem as @Sudhir_Rao where GPS does not show up properly at all.

Whenever I am in the app I event get the little arrow at the top left near the time and if I drag the control center down it says Privacy, IPinfo Location.

I have tried reinstalling the app, messing around in the settings but all my ips even vpn ones where marked as no gps.

1 Like

I have GPS on, the IPinfo app has location permissions, but the hunt dashboard marks all of my IPs as “No GPS” :sob:

Hi Wiggy,

I am taking a closer look right now. I will reach out to you as soon as I have an updated. I am sorry for the inconvinience.

Can you please reinstall the app? Maybe the location permission was not set during the first installation.

If the problem persists, let me know. I will look into it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have already tried this 3 times. The popup for location and tracking DOES show up and I agree to both but once capturing a IP it still says no gps.

Hi Sudhir,

We pushed a fix for you. Can you kindly check, please? You can continue your hunt! Thank you for your patience.

Hi Wiggy,

We have pushed a fix for one of your devices, and we will start working on fixing the rest as well. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience; please bear with us for a moment. All the IPs you logged will be retroactively corrected.

Hi Tikolu,

We pushed a fix for you. Can you kindly check, please? You can continue your hunt! Thank you for your patience.

Just me or has the progress pages been taking ages to update today?

Update: I mean the big counted on the page, it does register my IPs in the list

Hey,

Can you check again? We deployed a fix yesterday.

Just checked, still the same issue

I have let our engineers know. The IP registration process does take about a minute to register and show up on your profile. Is it taking you longer to register?

The list (you know, with the checkmarks) works fine, it’s just the big number at the top which is taking ages to update :slight_smile:

I got it, thanks. I will let our engineers know. Thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

Will the day 5 winners come out soon :eyes: ?