Decided to test the limits of ChatGPT. I need to use random IP addresses all the time with IPinfo. So decided to make this tool.
- Core logic was developed using ChatGPT (80% of the work)
- Styled using water.css
- Did some manual tweaking of the code to improve the UX. Mainly the
disabled button stuff. Those are the bad parts of the entire “codebase”.
Where I can use it:
Thank you, @anyfactor , for posting this. This is a really neat approach.
My pleasure @polina. The initial project started from a big prompt. Which resulted in a site like this:
Then I added a class CSS framework and started adding features prompt by prompt.
For example we now have a bogon IP filter feature: https://randomip.netlify.app
Working on adding new features by prompting.
Forgot to share the updates on this
- Random IPs can be converted to their integer equivalent (including IPv6)
- IPs can be converted Snowflake and BQ test data
- Bogon filtering (not foolproof)
- A random IP generates as the site loads
Just added PostgreSQL random IP feature: